CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Our Reasons for Home Education:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Although he was achieving good results, he wasn't reaching his full potential because his love for learning had been destroyed & hence his grades were steadily declining.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Completely failed by the system, he hated school, was always tired & homework time was a major frustration for both of us. He was severely frustrated & quickly heading to become yet another ADHD statistic.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Mom’s Day Off

I just couldn’t get my boys into the classroom today. According to them mom’s not allowed to work on her birthday. Since teaching’s now my job I was to have the day off. This of course, meant that they cannot do school, because they must have a teacher for school. Now how on earth could I argue with such logic. After all, it is my birthday today… :)

According to them Daddy spread the rumour that there's no school today but suspected they might be chancing... so I got them baking cake for HomeEd...

2011_0118_102423a

Who said learning Maths couldn’t be fun? I got Misha to measure the ingredients for my birthday cake. He insisted on decorating the cake too & of course he had lots of practice counting out the 41 candles he insisted had to be on there.

2011_0118_153257a

My master decorator, hard at work finishing off mom's birthday cake...
2011_0118_152859
All done with mom's birthday cake...
oh my, so many candles

Of course, my little sis stopped by later to come help us grade the finished products and also help Jesse make another batch of fudge because his last batch turned out to be toffee-fudge. This time it was a success & might I add, it tastes yummy… 3rd time lucky, they say. ;)

2011_0119_113957

Jesse’s Fudge

No comments:

Post a Comment