CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Our Reasons for Home Education:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Although he was achieving good results, he wasn't reaching his full potential because his love for learning had been destroyed & hence his grades were steadily declining.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Completely failed by the system, he hated school, was always tired & homework time was a major frustration for both of us. He was severely frustrated & quickly heading to become yet another ADHD statistic.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Merry Christmas

It’s been a week since we finished & I’m still struggling to recover. I don’t know if it’s normal but I’m finding it hard to shut off from reading home education related emails, websites & books. I guess after a few days of scrap-therapy I might just feel different.

Jesse’s been off to the coast with a friend since last week & we’re missing him terribly. I miss the regular “Sit on Mommy” time sessions although this 14 year old is way to big to fit on my lap anymore. He has outgrown me by far and pretty soon I will probably also lose the weight advantage for all those fun wrestling matches…

I’m still finding it extremely hard to believe that it’s this time of the year again. Last year I vowed to do my Christmas shopping early so as not to have to brave the traffic in the centers during peak season, but alas I failed miserably at that… this year has passed me by so fast that I haven’t even had a chance to think about getting presents yet.

Somehow the Christmas fever seems to have bypassed me this year, or maybe it’ll still hit me later. We finally put the Christmas tree up this week because Misha wanted it up.

2011_1207-Merry-Christmas-000-Page-1

The closest I’ve managed to get to crafts or ideas thus far is this digi-scrap greeting card and since my brain is just too tired for creative writing at this stage, this will be a very short blog post just to thank you for all your valued contributions by means of comments & suggestions into our first year of home education.

In the interim we would like to wish you all a very blessed Christmas and all God’s richest blessings for 2010.

Yesterday is but a vision, and tomorrow is only a dream. But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a dream of hope.

SAblogsbutton100

This post features on the South African Carnival of Homeschool Bloggers (SACH Bloggers) where South African home schoolers share experiences, ideas, philosophies and much more. You can join the carnival too by heading to the South African Carnival of Homeschool Bloggers sign up page. We hope you enjoy the carnival as much as we have!

SA Home Schooling Blog Carnival #13

No comments:

Post a Comment