CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Our Reasons for Home Education:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Although he was achieving good results, he wasn't reaching his full potential because his love for learning had been destroyed & hence his grades were steadily declining.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Completely failed by the system, he hated school, was always tired & homework time was a major frustration for both of us. He was severely frustrated & quickly heading to become yet another ADHD statistic.

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Discipline & Responsibilities

Discipline

This weekend caught me by surprise,  not having checked up on my teen’s schoolwork for a few weeks, having given him freedom to work when it suits him, but with that came the responsibility to make sure he stays up to date. to be quite honest, my allergies have acted up so much lately that I just didn’t have the energy to play school police either.

PunishmentHowever, when I checked on Friday night, I found he'd lagged behind quite a bit on one of his subjects. He was out for a sleepover at a friend's house for the weekend at the time I checked, but finding the arrears called for punishment & I notified him that he would be picked up first thing Saturday morning. Of course he protested at first as this meant he would forfeit ice skating & whatever other activities his friend had planned for the weekend.

I was rather surprised on Saturday morning, expecting him to arrive home all sour & upset about being punished, when he arrived without any bad attitude, fully realising that his actions would carry consequences.

Print

Photo: Happy Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment